80k After Hours is a podcast by the team that brings you The 80,000 Hours Podcast.
Like that show, it’ll mostly still explore the best ways to do good — and some episodes will be even more laser-focused on careers than most original episodes.
But we’re also going to widen our scope, including things like how to solve pressing problems while also living a happy and fulfilling life, as well as releases that are just fun, entertaining, or experimental.
- Conversations between staff on the 80,000 Hours team
- More eclectic formats and topics — one episode could be a structured debate about ‘human challenge trials’; the next a staged reading of a play about the year 2750
- Niche content for specific audiences, such as high school students or active participants in the effective altruism community
- Extras and outtakes from interviews on the original feed
- 80,000 Hours staff interviewed on other podcasts
- Audio versions of our new articles and research
80k After Hours launched in 2022 to accommodate our growing and increasingly diverse audience — allowing us to continue to produce our classic interviews on one feed, while having the freedom to try new audio content on another.