How can I have an impact within a specific career path?
You might have already picked an activity and want to narrow down which job you choose. Or perhaps you’re already decided on a specific job and want to know how to make a difference from within that job. Either way, this page is for you.
Here, we look at specific careers and attempt to answer:
- How much difference can I expect to make in this career?
- Who is likely to succeed in this career?
- How can I maximise the difference I make?
- How can I maximise my chances of success?
Please note that this section is a work in progress. Book an advice session to access our latest information. Often the best thing to do is to speak to people already in our career. Join to meet our members or post a question on our forum. If you’d like to help other 80,000 Hours members by creating the profile for a specific career, we’d love to hear from you.
Full pages will be available shortly, contact us to hear our existing information.
We will have profiles on:
- Working at highly cost-effective non-profits
- Grant making
- Academic research: philosophy
- Academic research: see the ‘Research’ pages
We’d like to develop profiles on:
- Academic research: all major subject areas
- Policy research
- Policy advocacy