About the show
80k After Hours is a podcast by the team that brings you The 80,000 Hours Podcast.
Like that show, it’ll mostly still explore the best ways to do good — and some episodes will be even more laser-focused on careers than most original episodes.
But we’re also going to widen our scope, including things like how to solve pressing problems while also living a happy and fulfilling life, as well as releases that are just fun, entertaining, or experimental.
- Conversations between staff on the 80,000 Hours team
- More eclectic formats and topics — one episode could be a structured debate about ‘human challenge trials’; the next a staged reading of a play about the year 2750
- Niche content for specific audiences, such as high school students or active participants in the effective altruism community
- Extras and outtakes from interviews on the original feed
- 80,000 Hours staff interviewed on other podcasts
- Audio versions of our new articles and research
80k After Hours launched in 2022 to accommodate our growing and increasingly diverse audience — allowing us to continue to produce our classic interviews on one feed, while having the freedom to try new audio content on another.
December 12, 2022
Marcus Davis on founding and leading Rethink Priorities
September 21, 2022