About the show
The 80,000 Hours Podcast on Artificial Intelligence is a collection of eleven key episodes of The 80,000 Hours Podcast, selected to help listeners learn about the potential upsides and downsides of powerful and transformative AI models.
The 11 episodes in this series cover:
- How modern AI models work, and what we don’t know about how they work
- Ways advances in AI could radically improve our wellbeing
- Ways informed people fear AI advances could go wrong and cause a huge amount of harm
- Some of the research being conducted to make things more likely to go well and less likely to accidentally go badly
- How you might figure out how to make your biggest contribution to positively shaping the development of AI
They’re selected from over 30 episodes of the show that talk about AI.
The compilation should work well for people who are largely new to the topic but interested to learn more.
If you enjoy these the full show has over 150 interviews that dive deep into a wide range of important topics.