We’ve been featured on the BBC, Economist, FT, NPR, and more.
- The Economist: To help save the world, become a banker not a doctor (May 2018)
- Financial Times: Support for Startups (Aug 2015)
- The Telegraph: Don’t follow your passion and think twice about medicine: the new rules of choosing a career (May 2017)
- The Guardian: Extreme Altruism: should you care for strangers at the expense of your family? (Sept 2015), CSR or social enterprise: which has more impact? (March 2014)
- TED talk: Peter Singer: The why and how of effective altruism
- TEDx talk: To find work you love, don’t follow your passion (March 2015)
- BBC online: Banking ‘can be an ethical career choice’
- BBC Radio 4: Today programme with Ian Hislop
- The Tim Ferriss Show: Interview with Will MacAskill(Jan 2016)
- Waking Up with Sam Harris: Being Good and Doing Good with Will MacAskill #44 (Aug 2016)
- Washington Post: Join Wall Street – Save the World
- New York Times: The Way To Produce a Person (June 2013), The Trader Who Donates Half His Pay (April 2014)
- TechCrunch: Want To Make An Impact With Your Work? Try Some Advice From 80,000 Hours
- Vox: You have 80,000 hours in your career. Here’s how to do the most good with them.
- Daily Mail: Young professionals joining Wall Street save world
- NZZ am Sonntag (One of Switzerland’s leading newspapers): Ein Nehmen und Geben (German)
- CNBC: Wall Street Saves the World!
- NPR: Want to give back? Get a job on Wall Street
- crunchbase: In Running Like A Startup, Nonprofits Find Success
- Quartz magazine: To save the world, don’t get a job at a charity; go work on Wall Street, The best career advice you’ll never hear in a graduation speech
- Wall Street Journal Careers Blog: On Our Radar
- Chronicle of Philanthropy: A New Donor Movement Seeks to Put Data Ahead of Passion
- Prospect Magazine: Being Superman
- Fast Company: How to choose an ethical career (with help from Oxford philosophers)
- The Philosopher’s Magazine: Good work
- Philanthropy UK: Oxford students start philanthropic movement
- Interview with Ben on Howtomakeadifference.net
- Practical Ethics: Banking as an ethical career
- Greenpeace Magazin Ausgabe 1.16: Karriere für das Gemeinwohl
- Euromoney: Impact Investing: the big business of small donors
- Third Sector: Banking can be more ethical than the voluntary sector, says Oxford academic
- National Review: Rise of the Singerians
Read more about us.
If you’d like to talk to us about a story, please get in touch by emailing press at 80000hours.org.