About the show
Learn Effective Altruism is a collection of ten top episodes of The 80,000 Hours Podcast, specifically selected to help listeners rapidly get up to speed on the school of thought known as effective altruism.
- What effective altruism is: the use of evidence and careful analysis to do as much good as possible
- The strategies for improving the world that are most popular within the effective altruism community, and why they’re popular
- The key disagreements between researchers in the field
- How to ‘think like an effective altruist’
- How you could figure out how to make your biggest contribution to solving the world’s most pressing problems
The selection is ideal for people who are completely new to effective altruism as well as anyone who’s familiar with effective altruism but new to the 80,000 Hours Podcast.
The full show has over 90 interviews that dive deep into a wide range of important topics. But we suggest listening to these ten first.
Together they’ll give you the most essential information you need about some of the world’s most pressing problems figuring out how to do the most good.